Fruit can make a great healthy treat for your dog. Fruit should always be fed in moderation and cut down into bite sized pieces to avoid choking, always consult with your vet before giving new foods to your dog.
- Apples - deseeded and without the core
- Bananas - are safe but contain a lot of sugar
- Mango - remove stone and skin
- Orange - remove peel and seeds
- Peaches - remove stone
- Pears - remove seeds
- Pineapple - remove skin and crown
- Strawberries - high in sugar
- Watermelon - remove rind and seed
There are some fruits that contain toxins that are unsuitable for your dog.
- Avocado - contains persin that can cause stomach upseet in dogs
- Cherries - stones contain cyanide which is toxic
- Grapes - toxic to dogs
- Grapefruit/lemon/lime - are all very acidic which can cause stomach upset
- Tomatoes - although when fully ripe they are safe green unripe parts or leaves and stem are toxic